Download Jo Blanden's slides
PDF | 1.01 MB
Download Uta Bolt's slides
PDF | 822.55 KB
Download Sarah Cattan's slides
PDF | 371.82 KB
Download Eric French's slides
PDF | 788.95 KB
Download Limor Golan's slides
PDF | 2.39 MB
Download Lance Lochner's slides
PDF | 1.38 MB
Download Hamish Low's slides
PDF | 1.17 MB
Download Aruni Mitra's slides
PDF | 1.06 MB
Download Joseph Mullins' slides
PDF | 423.67 KB
Download Mariacristina De Nardi's slides
PDF | 642.83 KB
Download Aureo de Paula's slides
PDF | 964.61 KB
Download David Sturrock's slides
PDF | 2.52 MB
This two day conference was held in London on 5th and 6th October 2023. It featured 13 presentations, which can all be downloaded above.
- Jo Blanden (University of Surrey): Intergenerational mobility of women across working ages: the role of partnership, participation and dual-working households
- Uta Bolt (University of Bristol & IFS): Gender Attitudes and Later Life Outcomes
- Sarah Cattan (IFS): First generation elite: the role of school networks
- Eric French (Cambridge University & IFS): The Intergenerational Elasticity of Earnings: Exploring the Mechanisms
- Limor Golan (Washington University): What Accounts for the Racial Gap in Time Allocation and Intergenerational Transmission of Human Capital?
- Lance Lochner (Western University): Child skill production: Accounting for parental and market-based time and goods investments
- Hamish Low (University of Oxford & IFS): Fertility and Family Labour Supply
- Aruni Mitra (University of Manchester): Consumption and Income Inequality Across Generations
- Joseph Mullins (University of Minnesota): Designing Cash Transfers in the Presence of Children's Human Capital Formation
- Mariacristina De Nardi (University of Minnesota & IFS): Measuring health and its inequality and economic implications
- Cormac O’Dea (Yale University & IFS): Who benefits from retirement saving incentives in the US?
- Aureo de Paula (UCL & IFS): Mobility in Socio-emotional Skills
- David Sturrock (UCL & IFS): Wealth, gifts and estate planning at the end of life
Research Fellow University of Bristol
Uta is an IFS Research Fellow and University of Bristol lecturer with an interest in the development of inequalities over the lifecycle.
Sarah is an Associate Director in the Education and Skills sector at the IFS, holding a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Eric is the Montague Burton Professor of Industrial Relations and Labour Economics at the University of Cambridge and Professor of Economics at UCL.
Assistant Professor Washington University in St. Louis
Research Fellow University of Oxford
Hamish is the James Meade Professor of Economics at the University of Oxford, a Professorial Fellow of Nuffield College and a Research Fellow at IFS.
University of Manchester
University of Minnesota
Research Fellow University of Minnesota and Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Mariacristina is an Research Fellow at the IFS and also a Professor in the Economics Department at the University of Minnesota.
Research Associate Yale University
Cormac is a Research Associate of the IFS, an Assistant Professor of Economics at the Yale University and Research Fellow at the NBER.
Research Fellow University College London
Áureo is an applied econometrician with strong interests in both methodological and empirical questions, affiliated with UCL, Cemmap, IFS and CEPR.
Senior Research Economist
David’s research covers household wealth, intergenerational transfers, social mobility, pensions taxation, and health and work at older ages.
- Institute for Fiscal Studies
Blanden, J et al. (2023). 'Intergenerational transfers, insurance and the transmission of inequality' [Presentation]. London: Institute for Fiscal Studies. Available at: https://ifs.org.uk/publications/intergenerational-transfers-insurance-and-transmission-inequality (accessed: 3 December 2023).
More from IFS
Understand this issue
9 October 2023
10 October 2023
17 November 2023
Housing costs take up three-and-a-half times as much of the budgets of the poor as of the rich, with significant implications for their standard of living
17 November 2023
29 November 2023
2 November 2023