Chancellor George Osborne delivered his Budget on Wednesday 16 March. On Thursday 17 March, the Institute for Fiscal Studies held a post-budget briefing.
Slides and videos of the presentations can be found below:
- Paul Johnson, Introductory remarks
- Gemma Tetlow, Kicking the can down the road
- Rowena Crawford, Departmental spending cut again
- Helen Miller, Business tax road map
- Kate Smith, The soft drinks levy
- Stuart Adam, Personal taxes and benefits [additional analysis: Distributional analysis, William Elming and Andrew Hood]
IFS Green Budget 2016
The IFS Green Budget 2016, in association with ICAEW and funded by the Nuffield Foundation, looked at the issues and challenges facing Chancellor George Osborne as he prepares for his Budget in March. Additional analysis was provided by ICAEW and Oxford Economics.