Each year early career economists at IFS deliver a day of public economics talks, aimed at A-level and undergraduate students who have an interest in economics or might want to pursue a career in public policy research. As part of this year’s Festival of Social Science, we live streamed a selection of lectures from the series.
You can watch the talks in the video and download the presentations below.
- Income inequality: how and why has it changed, and should governments care? | Starts at 01:44 | Download slides
- The economics of health inequalities | Starts at 54:45 | Download slides
- Pensions and savings | Starts at 1:54:16 | Download slides
- Why tax corporate income, and what can go wrong when we do? | Starts at 4:51:55 | Download slides
- How can we design taxes to discourage harmful behaviour? | Starts at 5:51:53 | Download slides